Breaded, Stuffed Italian Chicken
4 George’s Chicken Leg Quarters, thawed, rinsed and patted dry
3 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 1/2 cups marinara sauce
1 cup seasoned Italian breadcrumbs
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
10 oz. frozen spinach, thawed, squeezed dry
4 large pieces roasted red pepper, patted dry
1 cup shredded part skim mozzarella, divided
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Coat the bottom of a baking dish with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 cup of marinara sauce.
- Combine breadcrumbs and grated cheese on a large plate and beat eggs in a pie plate or baking dish.
- Lay leg quarters flat, skin-side down, on a work surface and season with salt and pepper. For each leg quarter, layer ¼ of the spinach, 1 piece of roasted red pepper and 2 tablespoons of shredded mozzarella. Bring sides up and fold over stuffing, edges slightly overlapping, and seal with skewers or toothpicks.
- Dip each leg in egg wash and then roll in breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Place each leg seam-side down in skillet and cook, turning until all sides are lightly browned. Transfer browned legs to prepared baking dish.
- Cover baking dish with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove from oven, uncover, top with remaining sauce and mozzarella and bake 15-25 minutes more, until cheese is melted and bubbling. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.